Saturday, April 30, 2005

We have been so busy lately! Last night was the second of two poker tournaments that we hosted to raise money for the Relay for Life team we are on. Relay for Life is a team event held every year to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society. The poker nights raised $432 for our team, which is AWESOME! I am participating in memory of my grandfather, James Goutierez, who died 14 years ago today of lung cancer. If anyone who reads this would like to donate money to our team, please email me at coastalwaters1@yahoo.com! Or, you can donate directly to the American Cancer Society at www.cancer.org. Dan and I are also very involved in the Coast Guard Family Association as most of you know, and we helped out with the CGFA's fundraising booth at the Second Annual May Day Fly In today. We are both exhausted, Dan more than I. He started helping at about 7:45am and finally got home at about 6pm. I only worked about 2 hours, but I had the kids all day. We also got two fish today, a molly named Violet, and a swordtail (platy) named Nemo. Steven got to pick the fish and the names out. Well, that's about all that is going on here. Later days! Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?